Sunday, October 18, 2015

Multi-Talented Celebrity Chefs Cooked Up A Storm At The Curve’s Foodie Fest



The Curve recently organised its first-ever Foodie Fest to great success as shoppers and families of all ages were treated to three whole days of great street style food, exciting cooking demos by Malaysian Celebrity Chefs and delightful entertainment.


Patrons got to choose from 18 stalls and try their taste buds at the Centre Court which offered a wide range of dishes, drinks and desserts. Various cuisines were made available ranging from local, western and even fusion to cater to Malaysians from all walks of life. Kak Fauziah is a lovely entrepreneur from My Ziff Bakers, introduced me to try out her 'Kek Rasa Seperti Ais Krim', in English it simply means Cake that tasted like the Ice-Cream.


She also recommended me to take the Blueberry Freezy Layer Cake for take away and generously offering me to try out their Ice Cream as well. Haha...So I enjoy sajalah, totally famished when I see the Chocolate Ice Cream that's drooling my appetite all at once. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/MyZiff-Bakers-373294002755670/ if you wish to try something new about their special colourful and flavourful cake.


Belanga Cafe is one of my favourite cafe I always look for the best authentic Malay cuisine when I go for my shopping at Gardens. It's a fateful Sunday afternoon at this Foodie Fest, it's my pleasure to meet wonderful people like Encik Hashim, the MD and Chef Farah whom I had brief chat with. I honestly told them, I totally fell in love with their traditional Malay Cuisine from my very 1st visit trying out their delicious delicacies like Nasi Dagang, Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Tumpang, Laksam to Laksa Lemak, and I fully recommended it to my family members after many times dining there.


I have never looked back ever since then, whenever I was craving for Malay cuisines I would sure drag my hubby Rambo to enjoy malay food with me. In fact, I took the opportunity using 2 of my coupons here to order their specialties like Laksam & Nasi Kerabu for total enjoyment at home. You can have Dine-In, Take Away, Delivery or Catering service available at Belanga Cafe Gardens or Empire Shopping Gallery. Check their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/belangacafe?fref=ts or call 03-22875136 for more infos. 


The highlight of the weekend were the cooking demos by two of the nation’s own celebrity chefs, MasterChef Malaysia 2011 finalist Chef Nik Michael Imran and internationally-recognised TV personality Chef Sherson Lian, who joined in the gastronomic fun and cooked up a storm during their respective cooking demo.


Chef Nik Michael Imran demonstrated how easy it was to whip up Caesar Salad, Chicken Kari Kapitan and fusion Pandan Crème Brûlée. Meanwhile, Chef Sherson presented an exciting cooking demo of some of his favourite recipes Kacang Pool with Poached Egg, Fried Bread, Pan Fried Miso Orange Cod with Jumbo White Asparagus and White Chocolate Blondie. Lucky members of the crowd even got the chance to taste the scrumptious dishes prepared by the multi-talented chefs. 


Chef Nik Michael Imran said, “It truly was an unforgettable experience getting to share my recipe and tips with my fans during the Foodie Fest at the Curve. Looking at family and friends enjoying great-tasting dishes with the amazing spread by all 18 stalls is heart-warming. I hope the Curve will continue hosting this successful Foodie Fest for everyone to enjoy.” There's something cool about this Cool Soda Mint with Lychee drink, call them if you wish to try it out. 


Chef Sherson Lian added “I am thrilled to have been given this opportunity by the Curve to participate at the Foodie Fest. Sharing with food lovers on how adventurous you can be with different ingredients and come up with fusion recipes has always been my passion and I cannot think of a better way to do so.”


Jazmi Kamarudin, General Manager of the Curve, said, “We are pleased to see great response from our patrons and shoppers as this is our first Foodie Fest. Since we opened our doors 11 years ago, food has always been a big part of the Curve. Naturally, we felt that it made perfect sense to hold a Foodie Fest as a way to bring Malaysians together through our love for food. With the cooking demo by two of Malaysia’s celebrity chefs, that truly made this a special affair.”


To top it all off, Elizabeth Tan, Malaysian YouTube sensation thrilled fans with the talent where she performed several songs live on stage. Qayyum Irwani, winner of Raja Spontan Era was also present at the Foodie Fest as the guest emcee.


You have any questions about organising an event at the Curve? Call the Curve’s Customer Care Officers at 03-7710 6868 or visit www.thecurve.com.my or the Curve’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/theCurveShoppingMall for more updates and infos.

No comments:

Post a Comment