Sunday, November 29, 2015

South Africa Animal Kingdom - Pilanesberg National Park



As early as 4am in the morning, I was dragged really hard to wake up because I wanted to face my favourite lion troop again at this Pilanesberg National Park. The night before I had a pampering long bath at this luxurious Lodge Resort which located up at the hilly mountain within this wildlife habitat, I have informed Rambo not to disturb my much-needed sleep. If really I needed my beauty sleep more than ever, just let me sleep till I had enough and he can go alone without me. In fact, my tour members Daisy+Aunty Yung have told me they're not joining this fun trail with us and would rather sleep the morning through till 11am. 


I totally understand their feelings about it esp. for their age at 60's, 'mana eh tahan?' I wished I could do the same but 'Ngo Emm Gem Sem' because I haven't watch enough wild animals roaming around this huge National Park. I told Rambo we have paid so much money just to watch them real closely and I wanted to get intimately close with my favourite Cheetah or Leopard here. Too bad I didn't get the chance to see it, even the long neck giraffe troop also but I saw one rotting dead Giraffe along the way. So pity! 


I was glad I came along for this morning trail as I get to see more animals like the wild elephant troop with cute baby elephants that followed their moms so obediently. When mommy elephant ran to cross the road in front of us, the baby elephant also ran real quick following his mommy very closely. We all laughed out loud to see such great wonders. They're so pure and real, it's great to see them living freely around this private National Park in a group of small, medium and big huge elephants. 


Reaching to this Pilanesberg National Park, I got so blur from the insufficient sleep but there's this Safari Power Ranger who drives another Jeep calling me, "Good morning my beautiful lady!" I looked up and saw Lily who admired my animal prints clothings since Day 1 when I arrived here. She loved my long dress and asked me to turn around showing her the back of my dress at the lobby and that morning, she told me I was lucky she didn't have the same size like me or else she wanted my dress and Leopard tights already. Haha...She made me laugh out loud so much. 


I totally understand her feelings about it as I'm a total fan of animal print clothings from scarf, sunglasses, dresses and pants for sure. I even bought many of it which I saw along my shopping journey here in South Africa. Everyday the Black or the White South African people approached me and telling me that they loved my animal print clothings, from Cape Town to Johannesburg. They got fascinated with the fine fabric, the styles that I paired with my Leopard Hat or scarf and the overall outlook that they even managed to ask me where can they get it and I told them I bought it from all over the world including China.


Haha...even my tour members loved my animal instinct style that sometimes they chance upon any of the animal print clothings they quickly called me and told me about it. So cute and funny, I never thought that my animal instinct style can put such a huge impact on everyone, from the young ones to the old ones, from going to toilet to airport and for the black or even white people here. I didn't get the chance to wear it back in Malaysia where I kept it safely in my wardrobe for 2 years liao but lucky I took it all out and wore it this time for people here to admire the beauty of it.


Let's rewind back to my original story of this blog, it's all about animal kingdom living actively here at Johannesburg city, just nearby to Sun City of South Africa. The reason why I said the female lion was feasting her dish of the day, not sure what animal was that because by the time we arrived here after touring the huge land of animal habitat, the female lion was enjoying her food already then joined by the other lions. I was glad I missed the whole scene of the lion hunting for food drama earlier as I didn't want to watch the cruel, brutal killing by lion although I know it's the nature of the animal survivals.


Rambo asked to record some videos for me and so I just go with the flow. I just went Bla, Bla, Bla without preparing any notes for the video at all. Haha...But it was fun though after watching it, it seemed that I really enjoyed watching the real live animals roaming and living interdependently among each other here. I even saw a Hippopotamus at the muddy lake, I told Rambo and Frankie about it. Frankie then realised it and said that I had a good eyesight because he thought it was a huge rock next to a lake.  


Not forgetting the 2 brave Jackal omnivorous mammal that looked like fox/wolf, they only ran away when the Lion King came nearer to them. I was so excited to see the only Lion King 'yang bermaharajalela' among the many female lions here and he still rules after all at this animal kingdom. It's very fortunate indeed for all of us to witness the lion family here for 2 days real closely and intimately. Jenny and Frankie said not very often they will station here for long, I think the timing is just right in time for us, at the right place as well. 


The female lions are very fierce to each other esp. we can hear their constant roarings fighting for their shares of food under a tree hidden away from us that morning. Earlier, the mommy lion enjoyed her dish alone till she had enough only she share it with her cubs. I will share more interesting and exciting stories about my South Africa in my next blog. Gotta go, super duper busy me. Stay tuned! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment