Thursday, November 28, 2013

Spain - Madrid



Madrid is the largest city and also the capital city of Spain. So glad that we've arrived to Madrid yesterday night for the Chinese dinner and did some supermarket shopping for Sangria, Mineral Water, yummy candies and chocolates. Maple told me so lucky to be able to get mineral water here because that afternoon she gotta pay Euro2.50 for a bottle of water. 

Heartache she told me, I totally understand her feelings about this. Haha...I told her to get the big ones and buy more then. Early in the morning, we're kinda eager to tour Madrid already with the city tour. Lucky we need not get off from the coach because we're all feeling very cold and just wana look see only, getting comfortable inside the warm coach. 


Only when we've reached here at Plaza De Toros, one of the bullfighting home in Spain only we got so excited we decided to get down from the coach to snap many memorable pictures here. Everyone were looking forward to watch this bullfight that begins in March to October month only and lucky we came here in November month. 

During the Autumn period to Winter season, they closed the show for good. If not, more and more bulls gonna be sacrificed for the joys of people who wana watch it for fun. In fact, Spain has banned many places all around the country to running this bullfight show due to the active protests for years, yet they're still appealing to the government to lift up the ban. 


"It's cruel to the bulls and it's kinda sick if you enjoy watching this kinda show" I told my sister Defney and mom when they asked me about it. Although I like the Espana Keychain with the Spanish Matador+Bull which I kept as a special souvenir from Spain but I feel it's better to 'Fong Sang' than to kill for an enjoyment show you may get inspired for an hour of torturing them. It's a suffering you may not wana get yourself into I believe. All of us took many pictures here for good memories, before we leave this place.



As the capital city of Spain, seat of government and residence of the Spanish monarch, Madrid is also the political, economic and cultural centre of Spain. That's why we landed here at its landmark of the Royal Palace of Madrid. Having to tour around Eastern Europe esp.in Prague Royal Palace, to Rambo this place is nothing special to him liao. So we kinda hurried back to the coach, waiting for the next destination. 


Haha...I totally understand him as I knew he's not into touring kinda guy. He only wana travel for good food and accompany me going shopping only. And that's when I see bright light from his face when we reached here at Plaza Major, Madrid. Full of people, be it tourists and many performers 'Jing Sik, Jing Sui', creating interesting activities around this place. I saw the 'Eat All You can Buffet at Euro 9.95' sign that tickled my interest. I wana try all the delicious food from Spain I told Rambo so we hope to stop by here later.
  

Lucky I saw my tour friends Dickson and Joslyn during my desperate shopping here as we only have 1.30 hours here. They asked us to come in and told us the chicken was one of the best. Although I don't really take Chicken but I like the buffet spread with my favourite Seafood Paella, Pizza and great salad choices so I decided to give it a try. And they asked us to sit together and so we did have a good chat while enjoying the sumptuous lunch.
  

When they told me the soup was yummy, I kinda doubt it as I usually like English-creamy soup more. I have tried many from Austria to Switzerland, Europe and it's usually very yummy that I always craved for a second big bowl but then this clear Oxtail Soup really got me surprised coz I drank 4 big bowls of it and I still wanted more. If it's not because of the limited time here, I would have stayed here for more. Even Rambo enjoyed the meal here as I told him it's really worth to pay 9.95x4.5: RM45 for the good food in town, here in Madrid that's inclusive of the delicious Apricot Juice. 



You must really try it before you are certain about it. I saw many good reviews of this restaurant from internet and now I know why everywhere in the world, even in China Beijing there's a Spanish Buffet Restaurant that we have tried located at the city centre. I guess they're famous already in good food great taste buffet style restaurant started many years ago. After we got comfortable with the food here, I saw many couples and family began to fill up the tables to full house already during that lunch time.   



Actually all of us esp.the women members from this tour group only wana go shopping. And when Jeff, our your leader suggested that we stopped by here at El Cotre Ingres Shopping Mall for 2 hours shopping we definitely go for it. And it's kinda lucky also that we got to shop here as I managed to grab many yummy chocolates from the supermarket. Back home, my sisters and my mom said so yummy I should grab more back. I told them I wish to buy more but that's all the good ones that I managed to get from the supermarket. And when our 'Fu Lui Wui'(women club) asked me what have I bought? I only bought a nice sweater for my mom that I regretted not buying one green colour for myself. Very nice design with comfy fabric.



Many of us including myself, hoping to come to Spain for the shopping trip in Las Rozas Village, Madrid in Spain. Unlike the bigger premium outlet village in Italy that's huge but not many cars and people compared to here in Spain. This place was full of cars, coaches and people from around the world. From one shop to another, it's a big crowd of women grabbing goods and queuing to pay. Rambo kept asking me to pose for many pictures all around the nice views here. I saw many old aunties were resting at the bench because it's too tiring for them. I totally understand them because I was tired too but at the same time, I was too motivated to shop till I drop here. And lucky I did enjoyed my shopping here!



Haha...just front entrance of the village at Follie Follie, I already managed to grab one of the nice handbag I have been eyeing for since Spring/Summer collection. When Kelly asked me about my shopping, I told her "Yea, I got to 'Jap Sei Kai' from Follie Follie brand handbag that cost me Euro 45 only instead of the original price of 140 (RM630) and I think KL is selling it more expensive just like in Hongkong. It's a famous brand from Italy that I like for its design in handbags and accessories.



Lucky Rambo never grumbled me when I asked him to pay for my shopping here coz he's been telling me that at home, no more space to store my bags and clothes already. Haha...he's happy that I enjoyed my shopping at Polo Ralph Lauren and Versace, he asked me to rest and relax for energy-battery charge at one of the romantic cafe at one corner. I ordered a Nespresso Latte for a break enjoyment. 
Spain is a great place to visit because the price for food and drinks here are quite reasonable. In Italy, a coffee cost me Euro 5-8 and so I rather order a pot of hot tea after my rice lunch there. Everything in Italy cost lots of money...Haha! 



Coffee can be dehydrating so it's a pleasure I will only order when it's reasonably charged. I only need to pay Euro 2.80 for this big cup of Latte that I enjoyed with the great ambience here. I saw many of them were just sitting at the bench waiting and they saw me enjoying my relaxing time here with Rambo, chatting the time away from the shopping crowd. I know they don't simply splurge but when you go travel, enjoy to the maximum level and try out everything there as you may wana experience other parts of the world if you can. I love Madrid city overall as I enjoy the shopping trip all the way through to good food experience in Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment