Wednesday, March 13, 2013

BELGIUM

Valentine season during my Winter Holiday in Europe.

Belgium sits at the crossroads of Western Europe. Its immediate neighbors are France to the southwest, Germany to the east and the Holland to the north.

Choosing the best Belgian chocolates from this nice shop.

Shopping for the world famous Belgian chocolates. Too many types of chocs, really spoilt for choices here be it the fruits or nuts type, the dark chocolates or the famous liquor type. And it's really yummylicious, I enjoy tasting it. 


The sales assistant was generous whereby she kept offering me to try everything. And she's a nice young lady who actually approached me and explained to me all the ranges that they carried with signature brands they offered in this shop. 

Haha...Supposed I just wana take a bite or two only as I never meant to be greedy, but then when I tasted it "Wow Wow Wow, Rambo you sure would love this" was all I can expressed myself. It was melting so smoothly in my mouth, I cannot forget that. 


The cute 'Manneken Pis' statue in the choc shop.

Brussels is the city that pay homage to the cheeky Manneken Pis. Manneken Pis is a Dutch dialect spoken in Brussels. It's a small bronze fountain sculpture depicting a naked little boy urinating into the fountain's basin.

Even the famous waffle shop have the 'Manneken Pis' man-sized statue.

The most famous legend being told was the one about Duke Godfrey IIIof Leuven. In 1142, the troops of this two-year-old lord were battling against the troops of the Berthouts, the lords of Grimbergen, in Ransbeke(now NedeOver-Heembeek).


The troops put the infant lord in a basket and hung the basket in a tree to encourage them. From there, the boy urinated on the troops of the Berthouts, who eventually lost the battle.



Marvel at the awesome sight of Europe’s most intensely beautiful town square which is surrounded by opulent guild houses, Old Palace and the City Hall.

Old, majestic buildings all around the city. 

So old yet so artistic buildings I admired about this place.

Preserved and maintained in good condition after so many centuries.

With gold decors as well...

Love this place called Brussels, Belgium.
Can't help falling in love with the Belgian Valentine theme chocolates.


I'm leaving Belgium now for my dinner at the city. Night time view with bright lights shining romantically.  

The castle view

The Atomium is an iconic building in Brussels originally constructed for Expo 1958 
Brussels World Fair.

I love their beverage+food machine but I opt for a hot, yummy soup from a cafe. Must enjoy the local food here!  

One of the best Belgian Chocs I've ever tasted, been always on my mind forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment