Sunday, February 24, 2013

Japan - Kyoto(Part 1)



Kyoto is a city in the central part of the island of Honshu, Japan. It has a population of 1.5 million people. Formerly the imperial capital of Japan, it is now the capital of Kyoto Prefecture as a major part of the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area.

The exclusive Kimono was displayed here for tourists to admire their pride of traditional Japanese clothing. Kimono means a thing to wear(Ki: wear, mono:thing). Kimono are wrapped around the body, always with the left side over the right (except when dressing the dead for burial) and secured by a sash called an obi, tied at the back. 



While waiting for the fashion show to start, I walked around to learn more about their artwork, shopping and came across the artisan weaving her skills into creating a beautiful piece of Japanese art. And I met a few old-timers artisans at a corner where they asked me "Where did I bought the dress I was wearing?"

As I was trying to be polite with the old ladies, I asked Rambo to translate Japanese for me and so he did. And they kept asking me how much the dress cost? Is it comfortable while touching the texture of my dress. I can conversed n price tag in Japanese but in terms of full communication, I leave it to Rambo...Haha.


The Japanese fashion show with models parading the best of Kimonos that can be purchase or order at the Nishijin Textile Center Kyoto, Japan. I chose to stand at the 1st floor along the stair to this lobby for the best shots of the show. It was fantastic and a fascinating fashion show by the Japanese models. 

Very lovely Kimonos that tempted me so much to get one set for myself. But I can't get one that I really like as I wanted a floral and green colour Kimono. Recently, Rambo just got a new Pink Floral set from Fukuoka for me and I'm still looking for a Green Kimono till today. I have many Pink Kimono already, I just want a Green one now.


We quickly sat at the table that's been reserved for us after the fashion show for  Japanese Tempura lunch. Not only it's so yummylicious, I have never complain even once when I'm in Japan for the sweet Summer holiday. All the meals were specially prepared in Japanese good food, for each individual serving. More than enough actually but I can finish it as it's really delicious of real Japanese food. 

The serving was usually nicely arranged in a tray, the look of the food was already so presentable and tempting enough to eat it while it's smokingly hot. Even the rice, I enjoy it so much that I can eat 2 bowls of rice easily but to spare my tummy for more yummy food, I usually 'Yan'(tolerate) and took more vegetables. I can never forget my eating experience in Japan. Thinking it back, I yearn for more not just craving for it so badly.



The Heian Shrine is ranked as a Beppyou Jinja(the top rank for Shrines) by the Association of Shinto Shrines and listed as an important cultural property of Japan. In 1976, the Shrine was set on fire, nine of the buildings including the main sanctuary were burned down. 3 years later, the burned buildings were reconstructed with money collected from donations. 

Rambo splashing the water on the 'Tiger Statue' excitedly when we entered the welcome entrance of the Heian Shrine. At the end of the visit, it's my turn to splash the water on the 'Dragon Statue' after our prayers at this shrine. It's actually a ritual bath for us to wash, purify our sins before we enter the shrine for praying and wishing for good blessings.


Haha...actually everywhere we travel be it from China, Taiwan and Japan, we came across many temples that advised us to go in through the Tiger entrance and exit out from the Dragon exit. They believed we'll be blessed by the two dynamic creatures and mostly it's also due to the Chinese legendary myth belief that they believed since many years ago.

I always believe it's Rambo who actually uplifted and 'moulded' me into a better person. I am nobody special if I'm not 'Fen Dau'(strive) good enough. And that's why it's always better to have a good partner in everything we ventured into, be it a good partner in business, badminton partner or singing duet partner who can support each other to do our very best and strive for the best result. It takes 2 to tango anyway!

2 comments: