Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rome, Italy


Just arrived at the heart of Rome for Chinese dinner. Not very safe here so gotta stay alert all the time. 

Always wanted to visit Rome, Italy as it has been featured in so many documentary shows, movies and TVB series but never had the time when I was younger in my 20's. At that time, I only know how to work, save money and travel around Asia or Australia with my best friend Jo. Another obvious reason is that I can't stand to sit still for 14 hours flight to Europe.  

Jo once asked me to go UK with her but I told her travel to Australia on the 8 hours flight already bored me enough, what to say to endure the boredom of sitting for another 14 hours flight it's gonna be more exhausting for me.I kept telling her to give me more time to think about it. Haha...dili-deli, after 10 years then I finally begin to tour Europe now after much preparation. Still, I don't like all the jet lag happening to me esp. with the transit going on.

So cold yet we're all excited to reach Rome that night and gonna visit Vatican City the next day.

Finally when I'm here, I've seen enough and heard enough about the history of the place. One of my friend CC, who travels around the world always told me she rather spend money on travel now rather than to buy any branded stuffs as she can't be bothered to see the old bags anymore. Haha...I totally understand her but I didn't join her for the RM30k international cruise as I told her I rather settle that for my car repayment. Haha...I guess everything should come in a balance of everything, be it on the food, travel or shopping spending. A little bit of everything would be joyful greeting.

Arrived at Rome Coliseum front entrance, full of people looking for the local food here. Not cheap and not very
tasty Carrie told me.Lucky I always munch on the potato chips I bought from Italy, I liked the Olive Oil+Herbs! 

Well, we both still love travelling and always looking forward to travel together as she always loved the idea of visiting Barbie Spa pampering together with me(she followed me but last minute cancelled due to family matter). Just last week she told me the next trip to Oz, I must come along with her with all the plans we have in mind. I promised her I would provided the time don't clash with my project's time, then surely I would keep my promise to her. 

Coliseum front door with birds looking for food just beside me.

The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the 'Flavian' is an elliptical amphitheatre in Rome, Italy and also the largest amphitheatre in the world. Built of concrete and stone, the largest amphitheatre of the Roman Empire is considered one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and engineering

Tourists waiting to go in...

The Colosseum seated 50,000 spectators and was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology. The building ceased to be used for entertainment in the early medieval era. It was later reused for such purposes as housing, workshops, quarters for a religious order, a fortress, a quarry and a Christian shrine.

The Coliseum, part of the place I got to shoot real fast. 

Although in the 21st century it stays partially ruined because of damage caused by devastating earthquakes and stone-robbers, the Colosseum is an iconic symbol of Imperial Rome. It is one of Rome's most popular tourist attractions and still has close connections with the Roman Catholic Church as each Good Friday the Pope leads a torch lit 'Way of the Cross' that starts in the area around the Colosseum.

Last night staying at Rome having Italian candle light dinner with my tour members, great times together.

After all the interesting tour around Rome and Vatican City that day, I was extremely hungry and tired. I told the Italian lady in-charge, kindly serve me all the spaghetti, main course of whatever chops or fish and chips with soup altogether at one shot for me. Haha...I knew it was a candle-light dinner the tour leader has informed us that night with a romantic note but I can't stand the hunger pang anymore. And the rest also wanted the same idea of having all the food altogether like mine. We kept on chatting and laughing like mad with many happy shots together on the food and our delightful moments. 

All of us really had good times together during that long holiday as a happy '1 Malaysia' team and at times, we're like family as we help each other and support each other like we've bonded long time relationship since before. For the malay friend, from the 1st breakfast break together I already kept them away from the sausage that was 'Ba Alif Ba Ya'(Jawi for 'babi', pork) because I'm also part of them I didn't take pork since I was a little girl. We seem to click with one another as we're all happy for each other and we stand united together. That's simply called happiness!    

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Love to read all your travel posts, u radiate such happiness .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...Tq LinLin, I hope the same happiness for you!

      Delete
  2. Miss those delightful moments we had in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...Yea, we really had great times together in Italy. Hope we can go holiday again together, love to have you around that's for sure!

      Delete